The Masterpieces Collection - Divine Classics
Music can lift the mind to the heavens, and create an image of the divine here on earth. This collection surveys a millennium of music written for the Christian church, from the medieval nun Hildegard of Bingen to the modern-day mystic John Tavener, via baroque masterworks.
Music by Handel, Bach, Allegri, Tallis, Mozart, Vivaldi and others. Art by Sano di Pietro, Domenico Beccafumi and Andrea Andreani.
Timeless art and great music: ABC Classics and the Art Gallery of New South Wales present a new collection of albums bringing together culture from through the ages. From nineteenth-century visions of grandeur in Epic Classics to the sacred tradition in Divine Classics, and from Australia`s own artistic heritage to the world of the Modernists, these albums provide rich insights by bringing art and music together.
Previous collaborations between ABC and AGNSW include music audio-guides for the blockbuster exhibitions The Greats, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and Nude: art from the Tate collection with the acclaimed Nude Live performances in collaboration with the Sydney Dance Company and the Sydney Festival.
1. HANDEL Zadok the Priest
2. BACH Mache dich, mein Herze, rein from St Matthew Passion
3. ALLEGRI Miserere - excerpt
4. FRANCK Panis angelicus
5. BACH Jesu, Joy of Man`s Desiring
6. TAVENER Song for Athene
7. MOZART Requiem: Requiem aeternam
8. VIVALDI Gloria: Gloria in excelsis Deo
9. FAURÃ‰ Requiem: Pie Jesu
10. TALLIS Spem in alium
11. PERGOLESI Stabat mater: Stabat mater dolorosa
12. RACHMANINOFF All-Night Vigil: Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
13. BARBER Agnus Dei
14. HILDEGARD OF BINGEN O Ecclesia