Favourite children’s author Michael Morpurgo has written brand new texts to accompany Saint-Saëns’ Carnival of the Animals. These will be narrated by star of ‘The Favourite’, Olivia Colman, along with Michael himself.
Also featuring Michael’s heart-warming ‘Grandpa Christmas’ story – the tale of a grandpa’s wish to protect the environment for his granddaughter to live in a better world. The grandpa will be read by Michael, with the youngest Kanneh-Mason – 11-year-old Mariatu – taking the role of the granddaughter. Interspersed with well-loved tracks such as ‘Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy’, ‘Flight of the Bumble Bee’ & Whitacre’s ‘Seal Lullaby’.
Including all seven children playing together on their own arrangement of Bob Marley’s Redemption Song, 40 years after its first release.
CARNIVAL OF THE ANIMALS
Saint-Saëns’ suite plus narration by Michael & Olivia of Michael’s new
Performed by the four eldest Kanneh-Masons plus extra musicians
Introduction and Royal March of the Lion
Hens and Roosters
Wild Donkeys, Swift Animals
Characters with Long Ears
The Cuckoo in the Depths of the Woods
Bob Marley arr. Kanneh-Mason: REDEMPTION SONG
40th anniversary, arranged for all seven children
Narration of Michael’s story by him and Mariatu, plus the below tracks
1. Tchaikovsky: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from Nutcracker Suite (Konya
& Jeneba – piano duo)
Two Bartok duos from 44 Duos arr. two cellos:
2. - Maypole Dance (Sheku & Mariatu – cello duo)
3. - Mosquito Dance (Sheku & Aminata – cello duo)
4. Rimsky-Korsakov arr. Rachmaninov: Flight of the Bumble Bee (Isata – solo
5. Grieg Lyric Pieces: ‘Little Bird’ (Konya – solo piano)
6. Castelnuovo-Tedesco arr. Heifetz: ‘Sea Murmurs’ (Braimah & Jeneba –
violin & piano)
7. Eric Whitacre arr. Parkin: ‘The Seal Lullaby’ (all seven children)